Aviva has rolled out its lower cost Quotemehappy.com car insurance product to all major price comparison websites.
The product, called Quotemehappy.com Essentials, provides comprehensive car insurance without some cover elements such as personal belongings, European cover and windscreen or glass only claims. It complements the existing Quotemehappy.com Plus, its higher tier car insurance product.
Quotemehappy.com is online-only and self-service, providing simple, lower cost car, home and life insurance. Customers can buy, renew or amend their policies online and have access to a 24/7 claims service.
Karl Mackender, head of retail (price comparison websites) at Aviva, said: “The launch of Essentials car insurance follows the successful introduction of other tiered Aviva insurance products which offer greater flexibility to customers. Feedback shows customers want comprehensive insurance but don’t always need all of the features that some policies offer. For example, customers with older cars might not benefit from the New Car Replacement cover which is included in many car insurance policies.
“At a time when people are facing a higher cost of living we believe Quotemehappy.com Essentials will appeal to motorists who are more cost-conscious and want the reassurance of comprehensive cover but don’t want to pay for covers they don’t need .
“However, it’s important that motorists check they have the right cover for their needs. Whilst a lower cost policy might work out a little cheaper initially, some items are excluded so it’s worth considering if you could afford to pay for those things if something went wrong. Some people might prefer to buy a more comprehensive policy which covers a broader range of events, should the worst happen.”
Overview comparison of Quotemehappy.com car insurance
To help save money, Aviva has provided some tips on car insurance:
- Check your mileage – make sure your policy reflects the amount of miles you drive – don’t over or under-estimate your mileage as you could pay more, or it may affect a claim
- Only pay for the type of driving you do – if you don’t use your car to drive to work, make sure you’re not paying for commuting cover
- Check where you park your car – if you can, park your car overnight on your driveway or in your garage – – some insurers provide discounts if a car is kept off the road
- Check your cover – most policies have additional covers that you can choose to add for an additional premium. Check what covers you’ve got as you may be paying for things that you do not need
- Consider an Essentials policy – some insurers offer a lower tier policy that still provides comprehensive cover without some cover options. But check if you could afford to pay for something in the event of a claim if it’s not covered by your policy
- Choose a higher excess level – most car insurance policies have a standard excess if you make a claim but you can choose to select a higher excess that can often lower your premium
In addition to two tiers of car insurance, Quotemehappy.com offers three levels of home insurance – Essentials, Essentials Plus and Premier – and Life insurance. Quotemehappy.com products are available to buy from price comparison websites or directly from https://www.quotemehappy.com/.